For me, the course paid for itself in my next week at work and continues to reap dividends, I heartily recommend this course to all decision makers, not just project managers, as a great course to improve the quality of thought at work, and frankly, in one’s personal life.General Manager Media Delivery Telstra
‘Our entire leadership team participated in a two-day workshop run by ETM Management and it has greatly helped us to completely transform the way we approach, manage and discharge projects. We will never look at project management in the same way again.’CEO and Founder – MRWED
“We engaged ETM Management Training with a view to lifting the level of project management discipline in key areas of our business. We found the training to be well structured and carefully tailored to our requirements, including well researched case studies. The training delivery was excellent, with very positive feedbackExecutive General Manager – Wilson Security
“Program Management Office (PMO) plays a crucial role in actively guiding and supporting the implementation of key strategic initiatives in an organisation. At Warrnambool Cheese and Butter, the PMO was established in January 2013 with the aim of providing governance for large cross-functional growth initiatives for the busiGeneral Manager ICT & PMO
Stephen Dowling of ETM Management Training has worked with NAB for several years now providing an engaging and professional introductory Project Management course. His course gets great reviews from our participants and he is known here as a “best of breed” PM trainer.Manager – PM Capability – NABDo you want to set yourself up for project success Contact Us Now
Agile & Lean Essentials for Project Leaders
A new ‘best of breed’ short course from ETM
“In TWO days learn the critical aspects of becoming an Agile & Lean project leader.”
- VUCA World
- Big Bang Disruption
- Business Agility
- The Power of Teams
- Leadership Competencies
- Mindset & Principles
- Building the right THING
- Building it RIGHT
- Incremental Delivery
- Scrum practices
- Scaling Agile (SAFe)
- Mindset & Principles
- Key Foundations
- Critical differences
- Bi-modal World
- Team Roles
- Activities & Tools
- Portfolio Management
- Program, Project Management
- Team Management
- Please be advised all participants will be provided with a detailed course workbook and copies of electronic templates.
Key Learning Outcomes
ETM’s expectation will be that ALL participants walk away from our short course with the following:
- A sound understanding of ‘Business Agility’ and its importance in today’s environment.
- To understand all of the core principles & mindset of being ‘Agile’ & ‘Lean’
- To fully appreciate the critical differences between ‘Waterfall’ & ‘Agile’ approaches.
- To get some hands on life cycle experience of operating in a best practice agile scrum environment (e.g. Initiating, sprint planning, stand-ups, showcases and retrospectives).
- To experience, build & understand the value of Kanban boards, burn-down and burn-up charts.
- To get an overview of some of the most widely used Agile Lifecycle systems/ tools (i.e. Atlassian (JIRA), Rally/CA and Agile Craft)
- Participants to be able to confidently apply these new skills
Two consecutive days.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suited to anyone who wants to know the important mindset & principles of Agility and how to apply them to get the best business outcomes. Participants could include executives, portfolio manager’s program managers, project managers, project leaders, organisational managers and business analysts.
$1,320 (including GST) per person.
“In the new world it is not the big fish which eats the small fish; it’s the fast fish which eats the slow fish”
Klaus Schwab – Founder World Economic Forum